If you have been assessed as needing care at home (domiciliary care)
and you are eligible for funding for example you have funds of less than £23,250, our social workers will arrange for your care through our Brokerage Team.
If you have not been assessed as needing care at home (domiciliary care)
and you are eligible for funding for example you have funds of less than £23,250, contact the Adult Social Care team via the online contact form (opens in a new window). Read more information about who is eligible for support.
If you are not eligible for funding
for example, you have funds of over £23,250 and are self-funding, you can choose to find your own care at home independently.
You also have the option to access our Brokerage Service to search for care and support to meet your needs in the same way as those who are funded. You don't need to have had a financial assessment to access the service.
The Brokerage Service
The Brokerage Team will search over 100 providers who have contracts with the Council to provide care for people in their own homes and we will offer the best matches for your needs. The types of care that the Brokerage Team can arrange for you include:
- food shopping
- personal care (dressing, bathing etc)
- help with managing finances
- accessing the community
- help with medication
- help with eating and drinking
For a simple one-off charge this service can help you make informed choices about the different options offered by providers, including the cost of that care, to meet your care needs.
The Brokerage Service is a fast and reliable service which means you get the care you need as quickly as possible, without the hassle of negotiating costs with numerous providers.
The service includes:
- a search of our contracted providers (over 100), all of whom are registered with the Care Quality Commission, within three working days – results are normally returned within 24 hours
- professional help and advice from qualified social workers to enable you to make an informed decision on the providers most suitable for your care needs
The cost per search is £76.80. If you choose to arrange your own care we can supply a Care Directory, free of charge.
How to access the Brokerage Service
- Please contact the Access Centre on 01905 768053 for initial support.
- You will then need to pay before we undertake any search.
- Before you pay, have your debit/credit card available. Note that the cost per search is £76.80.
- Go to secure online payments system page (opens in a new window) and choose “Brokerage Search Payment” and enter your details.
For more information about this service, please contact the Access Centre on 01905 768053.