Volunteering is a great way to get involved and make a difference in your area.
Helping others in Worcestershire
Volunteering is a great way to get involved and make a difference in your area. If you haven’t volunteered before, then there are many benefits including gaining new skills, making new friends and create new opportunities to get to know your community and the people who live in it.
On this page you will be able to find out about volunteering opportunities within the council and also the details of our locally based volunteering charities that can support you on your volunteering journey.
Volunteering with Worcestershire County Council
Worcestershire County Council Teams
At the council, a number of our services are supported by volunteers, working with us as a vital part of how we support our communities.
We are committed to supporting residents to join us as volunteers in a number of interesting roles.
More information can be found through the links below.
- volunteering in the countryside
- volunteering with museums
- volunteering with libraries
- volunteering with archives and archaeology
- volunteering with Public Health (Worcestershire Health Champions)
If you would like to know more about different voluntary and community groups in Worcestershire then you are welcome to explore our Community Services Directory as well.
Worcestershire Community Action Network (We CAN)
Worcestershire Community Action Network (We Can) is a group of six locally based charities across Worcestershire with strong links to the grassroots voluntary and community sector. They are comprised of volunteer centres, councils for voluntary service or community action organisations, but all help residents to find volunteering opportunities in their community. Please see the links below for your nearest location:
There are lots of useful national volunteering data bases available to help you to find out more about volunteering:
- Do it.org is a national platform to support people who are interested in volunteering to find the right opportunities in their local area
- Vinspired is aimed at connecting young people aged from 14 to 30 years old to get involved with volunteering opportunities that help make a difference
- Reach Volunteering is a skills-based volunteering charity and the UK’s single biggest source of trustees for the voluntary sector