Continuing Healthcare

Continuing Healthcare

If your main need for care is because of your health you may be eligible for NHS "continuing healthcare" (CHC) funded support. 

Who can get NHS Continuing Healthcare?

Your eligibility for NHS continuing health care will normally be assessed by a health professional or social worker as part of your ongoing care.

If this has not happened and you think you may be eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare you should contact your allocated social worker. 

Where can I find more information?

You can find lots of information about NHS continuing healthcare, the eligibility criteria and how it is assessed. using our useful links below: 

Who do I appeal to?

If you do not agree with the outcome of your NHS continuing health care assessment you have the right to appeal. 

For more information on the appeals process in Herefordshire and Worcestershire contact NHS Integrated Care Services

Beacon can also offer information and advice on appeals.

NHS Funded Nursing Care

If you think that you might be entitled to NHS Continuing Health Care or intend moving into a nursing home (and may be entitled to NHS Funded Nursing Care) please discuss this with the NHS professional responsible for your discharge from hospital. 

If you are not in hospital please discuss this with the NHS professional involved in your care. 

Was this page useful?