Applications and permissions

Applications and permissions

Find out more about applying for various different permissions and licences like: road or footpath closures, scaffolding licences and more.

Scaffolds, skips and more

Includes licences for: cranes/oversail, fencing, hoardings, Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWP), scaffolding, skips and welfare cabins.

Sections 38, 50, 171, 184 and 278 applications

Learn about the various requirements and steps involved in applying for each section.

Traffic management applications

Includes: footpath and road closures, speed restrictions, convoy working legal orders, temporary traffic signals, lane closures and requesting to use WCC network as a diversion route.

Disabled parking space

See Worcester city centre disabled parking spaces, apply for a new space, find out where else Blue Badge holders can park.

Dropped Kerb

A Vehicular Dropped Kerb (also known as a Dropped Crossing) is constructed where you want to allow cars access to your property by lowering the kerb on a pavement or footway.

Events affecting the highway

Highways welcomes and encourages high quality events throughout the year ranging from large festivals and sporting events to small community events. We have compiled some useful links and information to guide you, as well as some frequently asked questions.

Highways land and property enquiries

See roads adopted by Worcestershire County Council, make a CON29 Highway Search or a Highway Extent enquiry.

Highways licence - tables and chairs

See information on the licensing of tables and chairs on the highway (also known as ‘street amenity’ or ‘pavement licences’).

Highways pre-application advice

Apply for Highways pre-application advice.

Signage and road markings

Find out how to apply for new or replacement signage/markings, read frequently asked questions.

West and Shires Permit (WaSP) Scheme for road space booking

Worcestershire County Council implemented the West and Shires Permit (WaSP) Scheme on 21 March 2016. 

Was this page useful?