Stop smoking is the best thing you can ever do for your health as well as those around you. No matter how long you’ve smoked for, quitting can improve your health.
You don’t have to quit smoking alone. It’s much easier to do it with the right information, advice and support:
- visit your local pharmacy for information and advice: NHS - Find a pharmacy (opens in a new window)
- call 0300 123 1044, the free Smokefree National Helpline to speak to a trained, expert adviser; all lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday 11am to 4pm
- the Smokefree app can help you stop smoking by giving daily support and motivation: NHS Smokefree (opens in a new window)
- chat to an adviser online, sign up for 28 days of free quitting advice and tips straight to your inbox to increase your chance of success: NHS Smokefree (opens in a new window)
- join the Facebook Smokefree online community, swap tips and get advice from people just like you: Facebook - NHS Smokefree (opens in a new window)
- peer support: someone who feels supported is more likely to quit smoking for good; that’s why friends, family members, and significant others can play a big part in helping a person become smokefree
- control nicotine cravings: there are plenty of stop smoking products out there that can give you the extra support you need to beat the addiction including e-cigarettes, gum and patches; most of these are available in your local pharmacy or supermarket
- speak to your GP: NHS - Find GP services (opens in a new window)
Support for pregnant women to quit smoking
Stopping smoking is the most important thing you can do for you and your baby. For more information visit NHS Choices - Stop smoking in pregnancy (opens in a new window) or download a NHS Choices - NHS Smokefree app (opens in a new window).
Our pregnancy stop smoking services can help support you to quit and both you and your baby will feel the benefits straight away.
Worcestershire pregnancy stop smoking services
Worcestershire Midwifery team Smoking Support Service
- pregnant women and their household members
- face to face support with NRT products supplied
- service opening times: referrals: 24hours a day 7 days a week, office hours evenings and weekends variable
- home visits offered: yes
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kidderminster: Heidi Hulbert, 07568 601709
- Redditch: Shelley Halford, 07568 601710
- Worcester: Liz Hammond, 07568 601711