Housing and homelessness

Housing and homelessness

Find out where to go for more information on housing advice / options, help to rent and information regarding the reasons why people become homeless.

Each council in Worcestershire has a helpful housing options service available to provide expert advice on housing. This service is here for anyone who needs advice on housing, whether you're facing homelessness or worried about losing your home. 

It's for everyone, including renters, homeowners, and those looking to buy their first home. The advice you receive will be customised to your specific situation, offering a range of options to help you find the best solution for your housing needs.

Here are the links to the local councils in Worcestershire where you can find help:

Options for young people aged 16-25 years

If you are a young person aged 16-25 years find out more information about your housing options by visiting our webpage from Worcestershire Children's First Housing options 16-25.

North Worcestershire Basement Project offers support to children and young people aged 16 to 25 years old who are homeless or at risk of being homeless, offering a drop in centre and floating support across communities.

St Basils work with young people to help develop the skills to find and keep a home, grow their confidence, increase opportunity and reduce homelessness.

The YMCA offers supported housing to children and young people, along with access to education and training to help build life skills and engage within the community.

Wyre Forest and South Worcestershire Nightstop provide safe, emergency, temporary accommodation and family mediation for homeless young people between 16 and 25 years.

Redditch Nightstop – Homeless Prevention and Support Services provides emergency accommodation, supported lodgings, support and learning opportunities for those aged between 16 and 35.

If you are aged 17 or younger and are being asked to leave your family home or other accommodation, contact your nearest housing options team (at your local District Council) or contact the Family Front Door.

Domestic abuse support

If you're concerned about domestic abuse and feel like you might be at risk of homelessness because you need to stay safe, check out our domestic abuse support webpage for more information.

Homes for Ukraine

The Resettlement Team is a key service to support those arriving and those sponsoring families as part of the Homes for Ukraine scheme to find out about services and activities available locally in Worcestershire Support available for Ukrainian Guests and their Hosts.

Rough Sleeper

If you are a rough sleeper or worried about someone sleeping rough contact Streetlink for help and support.

In England, your council must help if you’re legally homeless or will become homeless within the next 8 weeks.

You may also be legally homeless if:

  • you’ve no legal right to live in accommodation anywhere in the world
  • you cannot get into your home, for example your landlord has locked you out
  • it’s not reasonable to stay in your home, for example you’re at risk of violence or abuse
  • you’re forced to live apart from your family or people you normally live with because there’s no suitable accommodation for you
  • you’re living in very poor conditions 

If you feel that you are homeless or at risk from homelessness please follow the link below: Help from your council if you’re homeless or at risk of homelessness (GOV.UK)

You can also receive support and advice from your local Citizen’s Advice Centre: Find your local Citizens Advice

Money and debt

If you are worried about housing, finances and debt and need to find more information on where to go for help visit our webpage Housing, finances and debt.

Further information on money matters, managing finances such as bills, debts, borrowing and planning for the future visit our dedicated webpage Benefits, debt and money advice.


Was this page useful?