Try out and test our new website! (Alert 1 of 2) Roads Closed in Worcestershire

Here2Help advice and guidance

Cost of living support

An image of an adult holding a child's hand

Many Worcestershire residents are currently struggling with rising living costs. That’s why it is important to know what help and support is available to you.

Local organisations offering support can be found on the Here2Help Community Services Directory and you can find the organisations closest to you by searching on your postcode.

Worcestershire Libraries cost of living fairs

From making your home energy-efficient to support with your wellbeing, Worcestershire Libraries are here to help you this winter.

During January and February, Worcestershire Libraries are holding a series Cost of Living Fairs, to provide residents with information and advice to help with the rising cost of living.

Find out when the fairs are taking place

Government advice

Website: GOV.UK cost of living for information on the cost of living payment and when it will be paid.

Website: GOV.UK help for households

Local support

Website: Worcestershire Advice Network

Find out what support is available for the cost of Living locally in your district:

Website: Bromsgrove District Council

Website: Malvern Hills District Council

Website: Redditch Borough Council

Website: Worcester City District Council

Website: Wychavon District Council

Website: Wyre Forest District Council

Worried about money?

Find information about benefits and allowances, direct payments and personal budgets at money matters and benefits.

Visit the Here2Help Community Services Directory for local support.

Worried about food?

To find a local food bank Find a Food Bank - The Trussell Trust

For help and support with free school meals visit apply for Free School Meals.

For help in the school holidays for meals for children Ready Steady Worcestershire.

For more information about the Healthy Start scheme for children under four visit Healthy Start

Search our Here2Help Community Services Directory for support.

Worried about running your home?

If you are concerned about your bills, we recommend you contact your energy supplier in the first instance.

For information about energy services, advice and grants visit Warmer Worcestershire.

For free and impartial advice to householders about energy efficiency in the home, grants for heating & insulation and fuel switching advice Act On Energy - Energy Efficiency, Grants and Advice

For support if you are struggling to meet the cost of water charges in the Severn Trent area visit Severn Trent Trust Fund

Fire safety: A Home Fire Safety Visit is a FREE home safety visit that is tailored to an individual's needs.

The visit includes a home safety check to help reduce the risk of fire in the home, this can include the checking and fitting of smoke alarms where required. It can also include alarms suitable for those with a hearing impairment and giving advice on a fire escape plan.

Complete your FREE online Home Fire Safety Check

Household Support Fund

Support is available for those Households who are struggling with the cost of living, in particular the rise in energy prices. Visit Household Support Fund for more information.

Warm spaces

Worcestershire Libraries are part of the Warm Welcome Network which lists venues that can provide a warm welcome for those struggling to heat their homes this winter. Visit Warm spaces in libraires for more information.

Work and learning

Website: Skills4Worcestershire for careers information and support in Worcestershire:

Website: Find your local Job Centre

Whether you’re just starting out, need advice on protecting your assets, or are ready to take the next step in your business journey, Business & IP Centre Worcestershire can help you.

Free and low cost learning courses form our Learning Service.

Support is available in all libraries to help develop skills and find information visit Learn skills in libraries

Frequently asked questions

What vouchers or support am I entitled to; I’m worried as my neighbour has received something different?

Everyone’s circumstances are different, to explore different support access the links below:

How can I reduce my energy use?

Explore the advice and guidance to help reduce energy use by visiting the links below:

Does the £2500 energy cap mean I won’t pay more than £2500 per year?
No, the £2500 is a guide figure based on average energy usage. The price cap refers to the unit price and standing charge paid for your energy. If you use more, you will pay more. 

How do I receive the £400 government energy rebate?

Which kitchen appliance will be the cheapest to cook food?

The Electric Cost Calculator allows you to calculate the running cost of any electrical items using a range of electricity tariffs, visit the website: Try this energy calculator from sust-it.

I have no credit left on my prepayment meter and no money to top it up, what can I do?

Discover what help and support is available in this difficult time by contacting Act on Energy 

Are there any grants for insulating my property?

For more information on the grants and funding available to help insulate your property contact: Act on Energy 

My heating is broken, and I can’t afford to get it repaired, is there any scheme to help me?

Discover what help and support is available to help you fix your heating by contacting Act on Energy 

I can’t afford my fuel bills or I am in debt with my bills, what can do?

Firstly, contact your energy supplier if you have not already. Suppliers must work with you to agree on a payment plan you can afford under Ofgem rules.

My energy company is saying I need to have a prepayment meter, which I don’t want, what can I do?

For further advice on the circumstances under which you could decline a pre payment meter see guidance from Citizens advice.

My cooker, fridge or washing machine is broken and I can’t afford to replace it, is there any support for these items?

There may be schemes available through your local Citizens Advice supported funded by the Household Support Fund. Citizen's Advice may also be able to signpost you to any local charities.

Find a credit union

credit union may be able to help with flexible payments. 6 Towns Credit Union Provide ethical quality financial services for everyone.

I’m concerned about my housing situation or rental property?

Each Local council in Worcestershire offers a housing options service which provides specialist housing advice. The service is accessible to anyone requiring housing advice, experiencing homelessness or threatened with homelessness.

Website: Bromsgrove District Council

Website: Malvern Hills District Council

Website: Redditch Borough Council

Website: Worcester City District Council

Website: Wychavon District Council

Website: Wyre Forest District Council

I’m concerned about the damp and mould in my property?

For further advice and support with home conditions: