Out of school care offers children of three years and over a safe and stimulating place to play outside school hours.
- may be required to register with Ofsted on the Childcare Register, may choose to register, or may be registered as part of a school, you can ask the provider to see an inspection report, or you can view them online at Ofsted - Find an inspection report (opens in a new window)
- can run before and/or after school
- in some cases will take children to school and/or pick them up at the end of the school day
- must have public liability insurance
- may offer breakfast or dinner
This includes childcare that has spaces for 2, 3 and 4 year old funded children, as well as those that provide before and after school pick-ups and those that specifically cater for children with a disability or special educational need.