Try out and test our new website!

Breaks for adult carers

Help to fulfill your caring commitments without putting yourself under unnecessary pressure or stress. To do this we support carers with replacement care (sometimes referred to as 'respite care').

Replacement care can be provided in a number of different ways:

  • the person you care for staying in a care home with the advantage of staff available day and night
  • you may prefer helpers to come to the home of the person you're caring for - this will depend on how long you will be away and the needs of the person you care for
  • support with local families in their home offered by our Shared Lives Service
  • a direct payment so that you can organise and purchase your own breaks tailored to the needs of the person you care for

How do I arrange replacement care?

You can use the Worcestershire Portal to arrange for someone to contact you and start the conversation about your role as a carer and the support you need, click on the button below to find out more information.

Carer's Support Needs

Alternative methods to get in contact

If you wish to contact the team by telephone please call 01905 768053 to be put through to a Here2Help Advisor who will be able to discuss your concerns further and if appropriate process your referral to Adult Social Care

Is there a charge for replacement care?

Replacement care may be subject to a charge. A financial assessor will visit to discuss how much the person receiving care will need to contribute towards the cost of their care,  and to ensure that all the benefits that both you and the person you support are entitled to, are being claimed.