SCULPT for Accessibility
SCULPT - Shaping your documents and content for accessible and inclusive practice
SCULPT came out of research conducted within Worcestershire County Council. It is our answer to educating our whole workforce to become inclusive digital practitioners when creating documents and content.
At Worcestershire County Council we use each letter of SCULPT for Accessibility as our minimum standard for creating accessible content.
- Read how we developed SCULPT on Ability Net: Everyone can SCULPT for Accessibility
SCULPT has been recognised by others as a useful tool
- SCULPT appears in the JISC Guide: Ensuring continuity of learning during enforced absence
- LEXDIS - SCULPT Strategy for accessible content creation
- 2020 GOV.UK Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Socitm resources collection
SCULPT has been shared at:
- Cross Government Accessibility Meetup Feb 2020 - Bristol
- JISC Digifest March 2020 - Birmingham - March 2020
- December 2020 JISC Digifest sessions update: How to make content accessible with SCULPT
- Share Digital March 2020 - Birmingham
- What happened on Global Accessibility Awareness Day May 2020 (Government Digital Service)
- Government Digital Service (GDS) YouTube Webinar May 2020: Making accessibility accessible: the secret to engaging your workforce.
More about SCULPT
Helen Wilson the creator of SCULPT is one of three Digital Designers at Worcestershire County Council (WCC).
The Digital Designers are responsible for, and advise on, the main website content for advice and guidance, as well as deliver and maintain other client galaxy websites. In addition to this they develop, guide and advise on the intranet sites as well as support the custom developments of the Digital Developer team for transactional services. The team are the lead on the accessibility of content at Worcestershire County Council.
Use of the SCULPT Guidance
SCULPT by Helen Wilson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on work at Worcestershire County Council.
Worcestershire County Council (WCC) staff can access the full Accessibility and SCULPT Guidance on OurSpace
SCULPT for Accessibility is now part of the mandatory learning expectation at WCC for all new and existing employees.