SEN Education Personal Budget (The Local Offer)

Who can have an Education Personal Budget?

Parent/carers of a child with an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, or a young person with an EHC plan, can request a Personal Budget either during the planning or once the plan has been issued and is under review. It will be discussed throughout the statutory assessment process

What can it pay for?

The Personal Budget will be identified in the EHC plan against specific resources and outcomes expected from the use of the money. It will be used to meet the assessed needs.

How much do I get and who decides?

An indicative figure will be given. It will be set against securing the provision required in the Plan. The amount is decided by a Panel.

The final budget will be agreed once the plan is finalised.

The school or college need to agree that the money can be taken from their allocated Top Up funding.

Useful contacts and information

SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)

Department for Education

Council for Disabled Children