Managing finances such as paying bills and planning for the future can be difficult.
It's often difficult to know what, if any, benefits you're entitled to. The Money Advice Service has a list of all the different types of benefits to help you to find out if you could be claiming something. There is also advice on what to do if your benefit changes and where to go to get help and advice about benefits.
The Department of Work and Pensions can also help you check if you qualify for certain benefits. It can also give you an idea of how much you may be able to get.
Managing your money through a budget is a good way to make sure you don't go in to debt, and make your pounds go further. Put simply, a budget helps you see how much money you have coming in and how much you have to spend. The Money Advice Service has lots of advice and budget templates to help you draw up a budget that works for you.
Debt and borrowing money
It's easy to feel overwhelmed if you know you're struggling financially. There are lots of borrowing websites available now but you must be careful and make sure short-term loans don't cause you more money problems in the long run. The Money Advice Service has lots of information and advice around debt and borrowing money, including where to find free debt advisors to help you get back in control of your money.
Website: Citizens Advice (opens in a new window) support individuals by providing knowledge and confidence to move forward with problems they may be experiencing.
Website: Two Pennies Money Advice (opens in a new window) offer local money advice for individuals having problems with debt in Worcestershire.
Phone: 01905 27001
Welfare support and schemes
- Welfare Support Scheme Wyre Forest District Council (opens in a new window)
- Benefits & help Bromsgrove District Council (opens in a new window)
- Benefits and help Redditch Borough Council (opens in a new window)
- Discretionary Welfare Assistance Scheme - Worcester City Council (opens in a new window)
- Benefits and Council Tax Malvern Hills District Council (opens in a new window)
- Benefits and Council Tax Wychavon District Council (opens in a new window)