Extra Care offers housing for people aged 55 and over. It gives you the opportunity to live in a home of your own with 24/7 support on hand, should you need it.
Living in Extra Care housing will give you or your loved one independence and choice over their own lives. It also gives people control over their finances and social life, maintains privacy, provides flexible support should your needs change.
Tenants of Extra Care facilities have their own front door, and own privacy and space to live in but support is always available if it’s needed.
Extra Care schemes in Worcestershire:
- Arch Hill Court - Kidderminster
- Berrington Court - Kidderminster
- Dorothy Terry House - Redditch
- Gilbert Court - Bromsgrove
- School Gardens - Stourport-on-Severn
- St. David's House - Redditch
- Terryspring Court - Redditch
- Cherry Orchard House - Pershore
- Parsons Gardens - Broadway
- Clarence Park - Malvern
- Meadow Court - Worcester
- Noble House - Worcester
- Yates Court - Evesham
Schemes usually include:
- one or two bedroom apartments
- onsite restaurant
- social and community activities
Facilities often hold community and social events for residents to engage with one another and meet new people.
Research has shown that those living in Extra Care facilities have improved health and wellbeing, getting more physical exercise and better cognitive abilities than prior to living in these facilities.
You can see more research and statistics on the benefits of Extra Care on the ExtraCare Charitable Trust website.
How much is Extra Care?
The cost of Extra Care is split into three areas.
- housing - the cost of renting, buying or shared ownership of your home
- service charge - this covers home maintenance, communal facilities, support and some utility costs
- individual care costs are dependent on the level of care required
Those on low incomes may be eligible for housing benefit towards the cost of rent and some elements of service charges.
If you are assessed as having an eligible care or support need by Worcestershire Adult Services, a means tested financial assessment will determine if you need to contribute towards the cost of your care and support.
If you’re interested in Extra Care housing for yourself or a loved one, please contact the Adult Contact Team by calling 01905 768053.
You can also download the Extra Care Factsheet (PDF) for more information.