Worcestershire County Council, as the County Planning Authority have reviewed the Validation Document, only making minor amendments to the document, which include updating references to the National Planning Policy Framework, updating hyperlinks to further information and guidance, updating the tests to when Planning Obligations are required to reflect the National Planning Policy Framework and the Government’s Planning Practice Guidance, and updating Appendix 1 in relation to further information on net-gain for biodiversity. No changes were made in relation to the types of assessments required to accompany an application.
The purpose of the Validation Document is to provide applicants and their agents with guidance on the information and documents required by the County Council to support proposals for development when submitting a planning application. This gives greater certainty on what information is required for applications of a particular type, scale or location, helping to make things simpler for those looking to apply for planning permission, but also allows the County Council to accept, validate and determine applications more efficiently, reducing delays that may otherwise occur in the processing of planning applications.
If an applicant fails to submit an application in accordance with the requirements set out in the Validation Document, the County Council will be entitled to declare the application invalid, until such a time that all the required information has been submitted.
The document is divided up into the List of Assessments, which explains when a particular assessment may be required to be submitted with an application and what the assessment should include; and ten checklists for different application types. The checklists indicate what is required to be submitted with each type of planning application.
- List of Assessments
- Checklist 1 - County Councils Own Developments
- Checklist 2 - Outline planning applications
- Checklist 3 - Mineral working
- Checklist 4 - Waste management facilities
- Checklist 5 - Landfill
- Checklist 6 - Lawful Development Certificate – Existing use
- Checklist 7 - Lawful Development Certificate – Proposed use
- Checklist 8 - Advertisements
- Checklist 9 - Demolition
- Checklist 10 - Removal or variation of conditions
- Appendix 1 - Biodiversity
- Appendix 2 - Geodiversity
- Appendix 3 – Surface Water Checklist
- Appendix 4 – Health Impact Assessment