Make a planning application

Plans with a purple house overlayed

Make a planning application

Start a planning application.

Before you apply

Make sure you read the information below that explains which planning applications are handled by Worcestershire County Council and which are handled by the district councils.

If your application is handled by Worcestershire County Council, make sure you have you viewed the planning validation document information. Here you can find guidance on the information and documents required by Worcestershire County Council to support a planning application. 

You can also arrange a planning application discussion with us before you submit any planning application to Worcestershire County Council.

What planning applications do Worcestershire County Council accept?

Worcestershire County Council is responsible for planning applications for:

  • the County Council's own developments (e.g. schools, roads and railway stations)
  • waste developments- (e.g. scrapyards, sewage treatment works and landfill sites)
  • minerals development and extraction (e.g. quarrying) - applications can be submitted by post or email using the Minerals extraction applications form (Word document).

Submit waste management and County Council's planning applications online using the:

Planning Portal

What applications do the district councils accept?

The local borough, city or district council is responsible for most other types of planning applications including all:

  • householder (e.g. extensions)
  • residential (e.g. housing estates)
  • commercial (e.g. offices and shops)

You can contact your borough, city or district council below:

Planning application fees

See the Planning Portal’s fee calculator to find out how much to pay or contact us using the contact details on this webpage. 

The Planning Portal will automatically process all payments for planning applications made online.  This means that you will be able to pay for your online application via The Planning Portal using a standardised set of payment options, including online, telephone, bank transfer and cheque.

For non-Planning Portal application submissions, you have the following options:

  • Via BACS electronic transfer. Use sort code: 20-98-87 and account number: 53583147 and quote PD0001 and the planning reference number (if known) or site name. It is important that you telephone the planning team to confirm the transaction
  • Cheque payable to Worcestershire County Council, with the application site name stated on the reverse of the cheque and covering letter sent to the following address: Worcestershire County Council, Directorate of Economy & Infrastructure, Planning Development Management, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP.
  • By card payments online via the Payment Link.
  • For proposals involving the County Council’s own development the payment should be made by cost code, sent to the Planning Development Management team
Was this page useful?