Volunteering, training and work experience
Work experience, volunteering and training placements are available at libraries throughout Worcestershire.
Short or long-term work experience placements are a great way to develop your skillset, explore potential career opportunities and boost your CV.
If you would like to enquire about work experience opportunities at Worcestershire libraries contact us or speak with a member of staff at your local library.
Volunteering can be a great way to gain confidence, develop your own skillset or use your existing skills and knowledge to help others. Volunteering can also help improve general health and wellbeing, providing opportunities to stay connected with others and develop a sense of purpose and achievement.
Worcestershire libraries offer a variety of volunteering opportunities to support delivery of library services and special community projects:
- Customer service volunteer - meet and greet library customers / shelving, tidying and processing stock
- Digital champion volunteer - provide digital support to library customers and use IT knowledge to support community projects.
- Library service at home volunteer - choose books and/or deliver them to customer’s homes
- Reading Friends volunteer - help tackle loneliness and social isolation in the community by supporting our Reading Friends scheme
- Library events volunteer - help run regular or one-off library events – in physical spaces and online
If you would like to enquire about volunteering opportunities or work experience: