Trading Standards animal movement and performing animals

Sheep in a barn

Trading Standards animal movement and performing animals

Animal and livestock movement and informal about performing animals licences.

Animal movements

You must report sheep on movements within 3 days of the animal arriving on to your holding to the Livestock Information Service (LIS) you can do this via there website.

Report on animal movements online

Electronic Movement Licensing of pigs

*Please note: The AML2 movement document will no longer be available. You have the following options to report all planned movements of your pigs.

Electronic Movement Licensing online

  • by phone: contacting BPEX on 0844 335 8400
  • by post: Meat and Livestock Commercial Services Ltd (MLCSL), Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2TL

If you choose to report the movements by phone or post, you will need to report the movement early enough to receive your movement report confirmation document (haulier summary) which needs to accompany pigs during transport.

Performing animals

How do I apply for a licence?  

Applying for a licence has changed

New legislation came into force on 1 October 2018 namely the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018.  

Administration and enforcement is no longer a County Council Trading Standards Service function.

It is now administered by your local District Council within Worcestershire.

Was this page useful?