What does the Council buy?
The Commercial Team are eager to get in touch and work with local suppliers.
The Commercial Team supports the Council and connected organisations such as Public Health and the Local Enterprise Partnership to procure goods, services and works compliantly in-line with UK procurement regulations. The below is an indicative list. Check our Procurement Portal to view our forthcoming and current opportunities.
The Commercial Team planned pipeline is an indicative 24 month forward look of potential commercial activity to be undertaken by the council but is subject to change. See the spreadsheet below to view an overview of the plan.
What we buy
The Council buys a wide variety of goods, services and works including:
- Adults' Social Care and other supporting services
- Children’s Supporting Services including social care, education, and early help
- consultants and professional services
- community equipment and maintenance services
- contractors for infrastructure projects such as highways, buildings, and bridges
- facilities management
- IT software and hardware
- property management services
- public health services
- transport services
- waste management and disposal services