Read about the benefits of walking, see suggested trails and routes.
The benefits of walking
- saves money as it doesn't cost anything
- practical way of getting around
- improved health and fitness as a brisk 20 minute walk burns around 100 calories (418 joules)
- convenient, go when and where you want
- helps relieve traffic congestion and improve air quality
Walking and Cycling on the Malvern Hills
With steep climbs and views across Herefordshire and Worcestershire the Hills are an exciting place to cycle both on road and off road. Cyclists are welcome to explore the Malvern Hills and Commons on the bridleways that cross this landscape. With over 56km of bridleways there are hilltops, wooded slopes and open commons to get to know.