Libraries and Learning
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information, 8 April 2021
From 12 April 2021 libraries come out of lockdown. Customers will be able to:
- visit libraries to browse shelves and borrow books using self-service machines
- pre-book desk spaces for work and study for up to 4 hours
- pre-book computer sessions for up to 2 hours
- Reserve & Collect library books using normal reservation process - standard reservation charges will be re-introduced from 1 May 2021
- reserve Children’s Book Bundles for free using a junior library card
- browse and borrow from the Mobile Library from 19 April
- attend Storytime sessions for pre-school children from 22 April
Revised opening hours remain in operation at some libraries, please check your local library page for up to date details before you visit.
Normal overdue fees will apply after 12 April. Customers can return items to contactless boxes in library entrances and renew books online or by calling the Customer Contact Centre on 01905 822722
Online library services continue:
- visit The Digital Library Hub for 24/7 access to the digital library and online library services and activities
Worcestershire Library Strategy
Our Library Strategy which sets out a vision for Worcestershire libraries from 2020 to 2025 has been approved by councillors.
The strategy will shape how library services evolve to meet the changing needs of residents over the next five years. Work has begun to plan how the strategy will be implemented.
Download: Worcestershire Library Strategy