Try out and test our new website!

Traffic management applications

Temporary traffic signals / lane closure

On this page you will find information on what you need to know before you apply for the temporary traffic signals / lane closure licence.

You will need to apply for a licence to use temporary traffic signals or introduce a lane closure on the highway in Worcestershire.


There is no cost to this application.

Please note

  • information supplied when you submit your application may be included in any Public Notices issued about the works and will appear on Worcestershire roadworks map (opens in new window)
  • if for any reason we need to check any information submitted we may need to contact you for clarification - please see the Council's Privacy Notice for further information about how we use your information

Before you start your application

For your application you will need to:

  • provide Works/Permit Reference (Private Works, not applicable)
  • provide a description, details and a plan of the works
  • agree to our Terms and Conditions
  • if the works relate to the laying of apparatus a separate Section 50 application will be required and if it relates to building materials deposited on the highway a separate Section 171 application will be required
  • have your login details in hand - if your organisation has already applied for permits or licences such as road closures, skips etc. via our online systems, your organisation should already have an account, however, if your organisation does not have yet an account, please go to Create a company account page.


Login to your account to start your application (opens in a new window)