Try out and test our new website! (Alert 1 of 2) Roads Closed in Worcestershire

Apply for school and college travel assistance, including a Severn Card

If you would like to like apply for Special Education Needs and Disabilities Travel Assistance, please see Special Education Needs and Disabilities Travel Assistance page.

If you would like to apply for travel assistance to your school or college, you will need to submit an application online, so we can assess your eligibility. If you want to know more, please see:

Current year applications

  • while we deal with these as quickly as possible, it should be noted that it can take 20 working days to process
  • you should be able to see your application on the Application Tracker 24 hours after submitting it

Next year (September) applications

  • we can accept applications for September from 1st March of the same year
  • applications for September, received after 31 July are classed as late applications and we cannot guarantee transport will be arranged in time for the start of the Autumn term
  • you will not be able to see any updates on the Application Tracker until the beginning of July; we are unable to provide any updates until this time

Reapplying for travel assistance

You do not need to reapply unless any of the following circumstances are applicable to you:

  • you have moved house since your last application – please complete a Change of Address notification form
  • you will be changing school since your last application – please complete a new application
  • you will be moving into over 16 education – please complete a new application
  • you will be starting a new course

Before you start

  • if you fit the criteria and you wish to be considered under the Low Income Criteria, you will need evidence of your qualifying benefit to upload:
    • Income Support
    • Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
    • Free School Meals
    • Maximum Working Tax Credit (no deduction due to income)
    • Universal Credit - provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
  • if you wish to be considered under the Low Income Denominational Criteria you will also need your Baptism Certificate or a letter from your priest to upload