Before you apply
Have you viewed the validation document information? Here you can find guidance on the information and documents required by Worcestershire County Council to support a planning application.
You can also arrange a pre-application discussion with us before you submit any planning application.
What planning applications do Worcestershire County Council accept?
Worcestershire County Council is responsible for planning applications and lawful development certificates for:
- the County Council's own developments
- waste developments
- minerals development and extraction - applications can only be submitted by post using the Minerals extraction applications form (Word document).
What applications do the district councils accept?
The local borough, city or district council is responsible for most other types of applications including all householder planning applications. You can contact your borough, city or district council below:
Website: Bromsgrove District Council
Website: Malvern Hills District Council
Website: Redditch Borough Council
Website: Worcester City Council
Website: Wychavon District Council
Website: Wyre Forest District Council
Planning Application Fees
See the Planning Portal’s fee calculator to find out how much to pay, or contact us using the contact details on this webpage.
The Planning Portal will automatically process all payments for planning applications made online. This means that you will be able to pay for your online application via The Planning Portal using a standardised set of payment options, including online, telephone, bank transfer and cheque.
For non-Planning Portal application submissions, you have the following options:
- Via BACS electronic transfer. Use sort code: 20-98-87 and account number: 53583147 and quote PD0001 and the planning reference number (if known) or site name. It is important that you telephone the planning team on 01905 845320 to confirm the transaction.
- Cheque payable to Worcestershire County Council, with the application site name stated on the reverse of the cheque and covering letter sent to the following address: Worcestershire County Council, Directorate of Economy & Infrastructure, Planning Development Management, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester, WR5 2NP.
- By card payments online via the Payment Link.
- For proposals involving the County Council’s own development the payment should be made by cost code, sent to the Planning Development Management team, email: DevControlTeam@worcestershire.gov.uk