Growth and Investment and Sustainability Team Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies when you apply for a grant or a business assist through the Growth and Investment and Sustainability Team, provided by Worcestershire County Council and should be read in addition to Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice.
Download a copy of the privacy notice
Growth and Investment and Sustainability Team privacy notice (PDF)
Purpose for processing
The services process personal information in order to carry out the delivery and administration of business support programmes that are funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) either directly or jointly with partners and commissioned private and third sector providers.
- processing your grant or business support application
- monitoring and assessing the consultants’ delivery of the service
- conducting data analysis on the users of this service to support the development of new services
- maintaining fraud prevention
- contacting you in the delivery of project services
- providing progress reports to the funding organisation
Personal information collected and lawful basis
The service processes personal information which is relevant to individual cases which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- email address
- home phone number
- mobile phone number
- date of birth
- financial Information - provided when applying for a grant for example bank details, credit card statements
We may also process some special category (sensitive) information, which is relevant to individual cases and may include some of the following but is not limited to:
- ethnic origin
The legal basis for processing this personal data is:
- necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller (UK GDPR article 6 (1)(e))
The special category condition for processing is:
- necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of domestic law which shall be proportionate to the aim pursued (UK GDPR article 9 (2)(g)), and Statutory etc and government purposes (DPA 2018 Schedule 1 Part 2 Paragraph 6)
If you do not consent to WCC holding and processing your information, you will be unable to apply for the ERDF-funded grant or business assist. The terms and conditions of the EDRF funding require that documents and electronic information relating to the delivery of the Programme must be retained until 31 December 2033. The Local Authority as Accountable Body for the Programme is required to comply with current UK law and contractual conditions for funding.
Who we may share your information with
The information you provide will be used to process your grant or business assist application through the WCC's Business Support Customer Relationship Management system. The partners that the Business Support CRM database is shared with are:
- Worcestershire Business Central
- Worcester City Council
- Malvern Hills District Council
- Wychavon District Council
- Redditch Borough Council
- Bromsgrove District Council
- Wyre Forest District Council
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
- Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership
WCC are required to monitor the performance of the business support programmes. Where relevant, this will require WCC to share the personal information you have given to us, or that we’ve collected about you, with funding partner organisations. These include but are not limited to:
- The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- The Programme Funding Body
- Shropshire Council
- Telford & Wrekin Council
- Shropshire Chamber of Commerce
- The Marches Local Enterprise Partnership
Our consultants and contractors are required to collect information about you and your business on our behalf when you voluntarily complete business support applications and feedback forms.
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
The standard record retention for 2014-2020 ERDF projects is until 31 December 2033.
More information about our retention periods can be found in our summary Disposal Schedule (Excel file).
Please note stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request webpage to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 6 September 2022.