Welfare cabin licence

Welfare cabin licence

Apply for a welfare cabin licence.

Welfare cabin licence

You will need a licence for:

  • containers, cabins or welfare units on a public road, pavement or verge

How long does the application process take?

Applications for permission should be submitted in good time, applications will be reviewed on typical working days (Mondays to Fridays)


The cost of the licence is £400 payable by credit or debit card.

Important information

Please note:

  • failure to obtain the necessary permissions may result in fines or enforcement action being taken against you
  • if the time required needs to be extended then the request should be submitted in good time before any granted permission expires
  • information supplied when you submit your application may be included in any Public Notices issued about the works and will appear on Worcestershire roadworks map
  • if for any reason we need to check any information submitted we may need to contact you for clarification, please see the Council's Privacy Notice to find out how we use your information 

Before you start your application

For your application you will need to:

  • provide a description of the works to be carried out and the location details
  • upload copies of your up to date Public Liability Insurance certificate and possibly your Employee Liability Insurance if you are a contractor who directly employs operatives
  • agree to our Terms and Conditions
  • pay online on submission
  • have your login details in hand
  • if your organisation has already applied for permits or licences such as road closures, skip, etc via our online systems, your organisation should already have an account. However, if your organisation does not have yet an account, please go to Create a company account page.


To start your application:

Log into your company account

Was this page useful?