Registering a complaint about a school

Registering a complaint about a school

Advice on making a complaint.

The Local Authority no longer has any role in the investigation of complaints about schools.

All complaints will need to be referred direct to the schools. Complainants should request a copy of the schools complaints policy which will lay out the procedure that the school will be following when investigating the complaint.

Impartial advice can be obtained from Special Educational Needs Disabilities Information and Support Service (SENDIASS).

Complaints at Stage 4, following a Governors Complaint Panel, if unresolved should be sent to the Secretary of State for Education, Sanctuary Buildings, Great Smith Street, London, SW1P 3BT.

Was this page useful?