- Autism Spectrum Principles of Care - This course covers: what is autism and high functioning autism, impairments of social interaction, social imagination, and communication, Hypo and hyper sensitivity within the 5 senses, and theories and the importance of routine and structure.
- Challenging Behaviour Principles of Care - This course is available to staff working in learning disability services, mental health services and older people services. Covers: different behaviours that challenge, managing confrontational situations, antecedent behaviour charts, debriefing for staff.
- Managing Actual and Potential Aggression (MAPA) – (1 Day) - A course on de-escalation techniques. For staff involved in more complex behaviour management there is a 5 day course which covers legislation, de-escalation, breakaway techniques, behaviour management planning and how and when physical restraint can and should be used.
- *MAPA workshops are open to Worcestershire County Council employees only.
- Mental Health First Aid - Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue.
- For Mental Health First Aid enquiries and bookings please contact Toni Attwood, Senior Training Coordinator, Learning and Development Team Vocational Assessment Centre:
- Understanding Mental Health Principles of Care - This course covers mental health legislation, what is mental health, different mental health conditions, and good practice in supporting an individual with mental health.
Contacts and Information
Learning and Development Team Vocational Assessment Centre
View and book onto Learning and Development events
Read the Terms and Conditions