- Accredited Health and Safety Level 3 - This course is aimed at those within a Supervisor/Team Leader role.
- Accredited Food Safety in Catering Level 2 - For those working with food that are required to handle, prepare or serve food as part of their job role.
- Accredited Supervising Food Safety Level 3 - Aimed at those who supervise food safety such as senior kitchen staff or residential senior staff.
- Accredited Health and Safety in Social Care Level 2 (includes infection control) - Suitable for all workers within health and social care. It is particularly relevant to those on inductions or within their first twelve months in post. The course covers the key aspects of health and safety in relation to social care settings.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) - For those with a responsibility to address issues in relation to chemicals and substances hazardous to health.
- Diligent Ergo-Coach (Open to Worcestershire County Council employees only) - Manual Handling Train the Trainer Course enables the Ergo-coach to deliver training in the Diligent Model and check the competency of front line staff.
- Emergency First Aid - First Aid equipment and first aid trained personnel at the workplace are requirements of Health & Safety law. In emergencies, Emergency First Aiders can act to prevent situations becoming major issues and can limit potential sick leave through prompt action
- First Aid at Work Certificate (3 Days) - For anyone identified by the officer in charge as needing a first aid certificate.
- First Aid at Work Requalification
- Fire Awareness
- Fire Regulations for Managers - A short course aimed at those with a responsibility for fire safety within a building.
- Fire Wardens - This course is for those with fire warden duties and identified to assist with fire safety within their workplace.
- Lone Working - This workshop is designed to explore practical strategies and procedures that employees can put in place when working alone.
- Managing the Safe Handling and Administration of Medication (2 Day) - Aimed at senior staff that have a responsibility around managing medications and checking the competence of others.
- Managing the Safe Handling and Administration of Medication Refresher
- Moving and Handling Front Line Staff - This course is for those members of social care staff who undertake manual handling activities as a part of their daily work. This course covers the manual handling of people and not objects.
- Moving and Handling Key Person Train the Trainer (2 Days) - Train the Trainer course enabling the in-house trainer to deliver moving and handling training to their own team.
- Moving and Handling Key Person Risk Assessor (2 Days) - This course enables the Key-person to undertake moving and handling risk assessments within their own workplace and competence.
- Annual Updates for the above (1 Day) - There is a 1 Day annual update for both of the above Key-person courses, allowing those in the role to maintain their occupational competence.
- Risk Assessment Principles and Practice - Aimed at those people nominated by a manager to undertake or contribute to the risk assessment process. This course will outline the risk assessment process and look at the moral, economic, and legislative frameworks which influence this area of work.
Contacts and Information
Learning and Development Team Vocational Assessment Centre
View and book onto Learning and Development events
Read the Terms and Conditions