Mental health support for adults

On this page you can find links to help available nationally and in Worcestershire.

Mental health emergency

If you or someone you know is in immediate risk of physical harm because of a mental health emergency phone 999 or visit your local A&E.

You can also contact the Samaritans:

What to do if you need mental health support

If you feel you’re having mental or emotional difficulties, there’s lots of support out there for you.

  • speak to your GP, they will be able to talk to you and help you find the right support
  • get support on the phone, you can call the NHS for free on 111 for non-emergency advice and health questions

Mental health services in Worcestershire you can contact

Worcestershire Wellbeing Hub: is an information and signposting service for people over the age of 16 who are experiencing low mood, anxiety or stress, and feel that they would benefit from support from local community providers.

Worcestershire Healthy Minds: supports people, aged 16 and over, who are experiencing problems such as stress, anxiety, low mood and depression. They help people improve their mental wellbeing through a range of interventions such as short courses, talking therapies, and self-help information.

National mental health services you can contact
You can also find advice and speak to someone about mental health at one of these national organisations:

NHS support:

Men's Health Forum

Parents with postnatal depression
Many parents experience postnatal depression after having a baby. It's a common problem, affecting more than 1 in every 10 women within a year of giving birth. It can also affect fathers and partners, although this is less common. It's important to seek help as soon as possible.

Mental health resources in Worcestershire
The Little Book of Mental Health - A practical guide for everyday emotional wellbeing.

Five ways to wellbeing
Visit the Five ways to wellbeing pages or download the Five ways to wellbeing flyer

Social care mental health services for adults 18 years old and over
If you need Adult Social Care services due to your complex mental health condition call 01905 768053.

Read the Council’s Adult Mental Health Services Privacy Notice

Other useful links

Bereavement support

Loneliness and isolation

Suicide prevention