On this page you find information on different eligibility criteria and if you meet the criteria, how you can apply for the funding.
Step 1: Check the criteria
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit and household earnings are no more than £15,400 per year
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credits, with an annual household income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credits, with an annual household income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (paid for 4 weeks after a family stops qualifying for Working Tax Credits)
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act and you have a NASS number
Please note that parents are not eligible where they claim working tax credits and child tax credits at the same time.
If you receive one of the benefits listed above your child may be eligible and you can apply for the funding, please go to Apply online.
Children are also entitled to a free place if:
- they are looked after
- they have a current Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- they get Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- they have left care under a Special Guardianship Order, Child Arrangements Order or Adoption Order
If your child meets one of the criteria above, please go to Apply via post.
Non-EEA citizens who cannot claim benefits criteria
If you are receiving support under Immigration and Asylum Act and have either claimed asylum and are awaiting decision (known as ‘part 6’) or been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘Section 4’) or if you household income is £15,400 or less and you have any of the following:
- if you have been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘Section 4’)
- if you household income is £15,400 or less and you have any of the following:
- leave to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life (under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights) and no recourse to public funds
- support from Worcestershire County Council as you have a ‘child in need’, for example your child has a disability or a Child Protection Plan
- the right to live in the UK because you are the main carer of a British Citizen (known as a ‘Zambrano Carer’)
If you meet the one of the criteria above, please go to Apply via post.
Step 2: Apply
Please note this option is only available for those who meet the economic criteria. You will need to have your national insurance number to apply:
Please note this option is available for those who either meet the Additional criteria or the Non-EEA citizens who cannot claim benefits criteria, or if you do not have an email address or online access and you meet the economic criteria:
- Download the Two Year Old Funding Application Form (Word)
- Complete a paper application form and return it, along with any appropriate evidence.
- Please post the application form to Two Year Old Funding Team, BSDT, Worcestershire Children First, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester WR5 2NP.