Apply for a Blue Badge
Apply for your Blue Badge and information you need for your application.
All evidence can be uploaded during your online application. if you post any evidence, please do not send original documents, we only require copies.
- a Blue Badge is valid for three years and costs £10
- you can apply for yourself or on behalf of another person; the application must be in the name of the person needing a Blue Badge
- on receipt of all correct documentation, your application will be assessed within 20 working days
- a badge holder may use it in any vehicle. but the trip must be for the badge holder’s benefit only, whether they are the driver or a passenger
Before you start your application
Check who can get a blue badge?
Then you will need the following:
- a passport style photo
- your National Insurance number
- proof of identification (for example a of copy passport, birth certificate, driving license)
- proof of residency (for example a copy of benefit award letter, Council Tax bill, pension letter)
- proof of eligibility (for example a copy of a full benefit award letter or any copy medical documents/ letters you may have)
- a debit/ credit card to supply a payment of £10