Community Service Directory Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the Community Services Directory provided by Worcestershire County Council to enable residents and organisations within Worcestershire to access information about local services from one location. This notice should be read in addition to Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice.
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 2 November 2022.
Purpose for processing
Worcestershire County Council will collect and use your personal information in order to include your details in the directory. The directory will help individuals search a wide range of services and support offered by charities, community groups, businesses, public sector and other organisations in their local area and across the whole of Worcestershire.
The council will collect and use your personal information in order to:
- empower and enable residents to make their own choices and find their own solutions
- enable advisers and partner agencies to signpost service users to the services provided by your organisation
- enable advisers and partner agencies to make referrals to your organisation
- help people to connect with their communities
- provide information that is easily accessible
We will periodically check with you that the details we hold about your organisation, including your contact details and the services you are able to offer are still accurate.
Personal information collected and lawful basis
The Council will collect only the personal information we need to facilitate this service. We will collect or process:
- your name
- details of your organisation and the support or resources you can offer
- your contact details (email address, phone number)
- your address and postcode
The legal bases for processing this personal information are:
- task in the public interest under the official authority of the Controller
- consent of the individuals
Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us, or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations and other third parties where relevant. These include but are not limited to:
- if you agree, your details will be included on our public-facing Community Services Directory website and available to members of the public.
- other Councils if they may be able to utilise the help or support your organisation is able to provide
- voluntary, community, charity organisations or businesses if they may be able to utilise the help or support your organisation is able to provide
- NHS services if they may be able to utilise the help or support your organisation is able to provide
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us effectively connect residents and service users with help and support that they may need, and you may have the right to refuse.
We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
We will hold personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes it has been collected for. More information about our retention periods can be found in our summary Disposal Schedule.
Please note that any stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request page to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact the Property Services Terrier and Data Administrator to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.