Waste Prevention Programmes Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the Waste Prevention Programmes provided by Worcestershire County Council and should be read in addition to Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice.
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we will place any updates on this web page. This notice was last updated on 17 October 2018.
Purpose for processing
Worcestershire County Council is the controller for the Waste Prevention Programmes. The following organisations operate these programmes on our behalf:
- Greenredeem for the Rewarding Redditch campaign; for more information visit:
- Worcestershire and Herefordshire Nappy Advisory Service for the Nappy Library and Cashback Scheme
- Garden Organic for the Lets Waste Less Volunteer scheme, for more information visit:
- Straight Ltd for the provision of compost bins on behalf of WCC
- Local Green Points LLP Rewarding Redditch door knocking; for more information visit:
The programmes process personal information in order to carry out delivery and administration of the Waste Prevention Programmes either directly or jointly with partners and commissioned private and third sector providers. This includes:
- processing your application
- conducting data analysis on the users of this service to support the development of new services
- maintaining fraud prevention
- contacting you in the delivery of project services
Personal information collected and lawful basis
Our contractors are required to collect information about you when you voluntarily sign up for their service and make this data available to Worcestershire County Council when requested.
The programme processes personal information which is relevant to individual cases which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- personal details – e.g. name / age / address
- contact information – e.g. telephone numbers / email address
The legal bases for processing this personal information are:
- contract for the supply of services
- compliance with a legal obligation
- tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
Who we may share your information with
The information you provide will be held by Worcestershire County Council and the appointed contractors.
Summary reports will be provided on a monthly basis, but will not contain personal data, only statistical information.
At no time will your information be passed to organisations external to Worcestershire County Council for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your prior express consent.
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
We hold your data for 6 years from the end of the project.
More information about our retention periods can be found in our summary Disposal Schedule.
Please note stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request page to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact the Property Services Terrier and Data Administrator to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.