Taxi Driver Training Privacy Notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review, and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 16 December 2022.
Purpose for processing
The service processes personal data in order to book Taxi Driver Training for Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Licences and theory tests.
- to assess your application for the training/sitting the test
- the prevention and detection of fraud as part of the National Fraud Initiative
- the prevention or detection of crime and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders (law enforcement purposes)
- to help safeguard vulnerable adults and children
- to send you email notifications
- to send VAT receipt to you and collect payments from you
- to deal with enquiries and complaints
- for the creation of aggregated, anonymised data and statistics which may be shared with external stakeholders who have a role in supporting enforcement and compliance in Worcestershire County Council, or for carrying out research and analysis
Personal data collected and lawful basis
The service processes personal data, which is relevant to individual cases which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- name of applicant
- home/mobile phone number
- email address
- Driving Licence Number
- copy of Driving Licence
- National Insurance Number
- copy of documentation showing proof of National Insurance Number
- payment information
We may also process some special category (sensitive) data, which is relevant to individual cases and may include some of the following but is not limited to:
- whether or not you have a disability or additional support needs for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments
The legal bases for processing this personal data are:
- necessary for a contract for the supply of services
- necessary for compliance with a Legal Obligation:
- Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
- Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- Deregulation Act 2015
- necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of our official authority under legislation
The special category condition for processing is:
- necessary for reasons of substantial public interest (statutory etc and government purposes) set out in Schedule 1 of the DPA 2018 condition 8 equality of opportunity or treatment
Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations where relevant to the individual.
These include but are not limited to:
- The Police to detect and prevent fraud and/or crime
- City of Wolverhampton Council Licensing Department which is in a partnership with Worcestershire County Council so that the latter can provide the training and examination of drivers
- National Anti-Fraud Network to detect and prevent fraud
- Trainers to enable the provision of the training to the applicants
- Consumer Relations Team in Worcestershire County Council to assist in the response to complaints
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
The standard retention for Taxi Driver Training record is 6 years from the date of the test. More information about our retention periods can be found in our Disposal Schedule.
Please note stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request webpage to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact Taxi Driver Training Team at email@example.com (01905 843000) to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.