Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands Service provided in conjunction with Worcestershire County Council and should be read in addition to Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice.
Download a copy of the privacy notice
The Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands Service's privacy notice PDF
Purpose for processing
The service process personal information in order to manage and administer the Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands Service either directly or jointly with partners and commissioned private and third sector providers. This includes:
- administration and management of Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands Service events
- development and administration of professional networks, e.g. Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS)
- distribution of Improvement and Efficiency West Midlands Service information to individuals who have opted to receive information with explicit consent, including:
- IEWM Newsletter
- blogs and website articles produced by IEWM on programme and industry related topics
- Trade Articles – news/articles featuring IEWM programme, product, policy or procedure
- event information – news of upcoming events.
Personal information collected and lawful basis
The service processes personal information which is relevant to individual cases which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- telephone Number
- email address
The legal bases for processing this personal information are:
- (a) consent: the individual has given clear consent to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- (b) contract: the processing is necessary for a contract with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations where relevant to the individual and/or their care provision. These include but are not limited to:
- Worcestershire County Council
- event partners
- event venues, for security purposes
- approved contractors
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
The standard record retention for IEWM records is six years. More information about our retention periods can be found in the summary Disposal Schedule (Excel file).
Please note stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to the Make a Data Protection Request page to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis. Please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see the overarching Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 29 January 2019.