Worcestershire Children and Young People's Plan
Our vision is for Worcestershire to be a wonderful place for all children and young people to grow up.
This plan is owned by all agencies working with children, young people and families in Worcestershire.
It will focus on key priorities and success measures:
- the best start to life Early help and support to parents through pregnancy and early years. Preventing risks escalating and needs becoming more complex and supporting parents to be the best parent for their children
- access to the right education Be inclusive in our mainstream schools; provide specialist education for children when its needed, ensure we have Quality and Timeliness of EHCP to assess need and provide services and work with our parents and carers to achieve the best for their children.
- access to emotional health and wellbeing and mental health support Interventions: services and support that promote and enable mental health stability for the individual child or young person
- working together to keep children safe from harm Get Safe: Identify and support Children and young people at risk and experiencing criminal exploitation. QAPP: Multi-agency quality of practice and learning. Serious Case Reviews: Multi-agency learning
Working together all agencies will:
- listen to, hear and understand children, young people and families
- find strengths and build on positives to help people help themselves
- prioritise partnerships and work together to support, and if necessary challenge, parents and families to achieve great outcomes for children and young people
Progress against success measures will be reported to the Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership Board.
For any enquiries please email: CYPP@worcschildrenfirst.org.uk