This section is for you if
- your social worker has just referred you to the Care Leavers' team
- you are starting to think about when you leave care
- you are about to leave care very soon
- you have already left care
Whatever your situation you will have many questions to ask and decisions to make. We intend to provide some of the answers to those questions and to give you information about the help and advice that you can expect from the Care Leavers’ Team and your Personal Advisor.
Our promise to care leavers
This charter sets out the promises that central government and Worcestershire County Council have made to care leavers.
The county council has also produced a Care Leavers Strategy which is a whole system joined up approach to supporting Care Leavers. It provides a framework for the County Council, District Councils, Elected Members, Officers and Partners to fulfil our duties and responsibilities as Corporate Parents for Care Leavers. It sets out what must be done by whom, to ensure that our care leavers receive the support, help and guidance they may need to live independently and to be able to support themselves.
You can contact the Care Leavers Team via:
- telephone: 01905 845613
- post: Care Leavers Team, Worcestershire County Council, PO Box 589, Worcester, WR5 4AH
- Facebook - Worcestershire Care Leavers (opens in a new window)