Traded Services Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to Traded Services within the education sector provided by Worcestershire Children First on behalf of Worcestershire County Council and should be read in addition to Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated on 2 November 2023.
Purpose for processing
Traded Services process personal data in order to provide training or consultancy services either directly or jointly with partners and commissioned private and third sector providers. This includes:
- processing orders for services
- helping us to develop and improve our services to you
- targeted marketing communications
- enabling users to book training/conferences
- to provide a record of training/conferences attended
- to provide a record of services purchased by individuals/establishments
- to undertake financial processes
Personal information collected and lawful basis
The service processes personal data which is relevant to individual cases which may include, but is not limited to, the following personal data:
- job titles
- telephone numbers
- corporate personal email address
- company name
We may also process some special category (sensitive) data, which is relevant to individual cases and may include some of the following but is not limited to:
- whether or not you have a disability or additional support needs for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments
The legal bases for processing this personal data are:
- consent – the individual has given clear consent to be included within a marketing list(s)
- contract – the processing is necessary for a contract you / your organisation has with Worcestershire Children First
The special category condition for processing is:
- necessary for reasons of substantial public interest (statutory etc. and government purposes) set out in Schedule 1 of the DPA 2018 condition 8 equality of opportunity or treatment
Who we may share your information with
We may need to share the personal information you have given to us or we’ve collected about you with partner organisations where relevant to the individual/establishments and/or their care provision. These include but are not limited to:
- Education and early years settings
- Internally within WCF to enable provision of training
- External moderators
Information will only ever be shared when it is strictly necessary to help us provide effective services and you may have the right to refuse. We will not pass it onto any other parties unless required to do so by law or in all reasonable circumstances the disclosure is fair and warranted for the purposes of processing or subject to a data protection exemption.
We have specific data sharing agreements in place with local agencies and sometimes the law requires that we may have to pass your details on to a third party, for example, to prevent crime.
How long we will hold your information
The standard record retention for personal information added to CPD Online is 3 years after the user has been unlinked from an establishment. Information added to e-Store is retained for 6 years after the end of the financial year.
However, there are also a range of other retention periods affecting different types of information and service needs that are provided by Traded Services. More information about our retention periods can be found in our summary Disposal Schedule.
Please note stated retention periods may be subject to any legal holds imposed under the Inquiries Act 2005 that may concern the information and override standard retention periods.
Your information rights
You are entitled to a copy, or a description, of the personal data we hold that relates to you, subject to lawful restrictions. Please go to our Make a Data Protection Request webpage to find out how to make a request.
You may be entitled to rectification, restriction, objection, and erasure of your personal information depending on the service and legal basis.
Please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these Information Rights or call the main Worcestershire County Council contact telephone number of 01905 765765.
Please see our overarching Worcestershire County Council's Full Privacy Notice for further contact details and if you have a complaint about your information rights.