What happens with an education travel application
Learn what will happen with your education travel application.
Applications for September
Application received via the online application form, from 1st March of the same year:
- acknowledgement email automatically sent containing the EDT number, to be used to access the Application Tracker – please keep this safe as you will need to refer to this
- application shows on the application tracker, 24 hours after being submitted
- application received in Education Travel – a decision may not be made immediately and it may take several weeks for the application to be looked at during our busy times.
- application assessed and a decision made as to eligibility
- acknowledgement letter sent to the home address to advise if eligible or not
- passed to the Transport Commissioning Team Team to allocate the relevant contract or local bus option
- for under 16 eligible students, a pass will be sent out for the start of the new term
- for post 16 eligible students, a payment letter will be sent out, once an allocation has been made
- for non-eligible students who cannot be offered a pass immediately but who are added to a Vacant Seat waiting list, a letter will be sent to confirm this.
- a reject letter will be sent to any student we cannot offer any form of transport to
For in year applications
- the same process as above applies to in year applications, although we aim to process an application within 20 working days
- the pass will be sent out as soon as an allocation has been made, for eligible students and once a payment has been received, for non-eligible or post 16 students