Common Land and the Commons Act 2006
Part 1 of the Commons Act 2006 requires commons registration authorities to update the commons registers to take account of events affecting the registers since the 1970s which have not been recorded.
Commons and Village Greens
- Byrd Row, Lenchwick Evesham
- Catshill Marsh
- Hornhill Meadow, Stoney Lane
- Land at Peterbrook Close
- Power Station Road / Worcester Road Stourport on Severn
- Powick Hams
- Wychbold Bottom Green. St Richards Road, Wychbold
- Mostyn House, Bredon Parish
- Trimpley Green, Habberley Road, Trimpley, Bewdley DY12 1NL
The Landowner Statements
The Growth & Infrastructure Act 2013 has made changes which affect the procedure for making a deposit or a declaration under section 31(6) of Highways Act 1980 and introduces a Section 15A and B to the Commons Act 2006 which allows the submission of landowner statements and a new register in relation to Town & Village Greens.
The landowner statements bring to an end any period of recreational use 'as of right' over land and the existence of such a statement will be recorded in the Landowner Statement Register.
The Council is permitted to charge a fee for each application i.e. for a s.31(6) Highways Act deposits, for declarations under s.31(6) Highways Act 1980 and for landowner statements under s15 Commons Act 2006.
The application form covers in one form both the s.31(6) deposits and declarations and the s.15 landowner statement.
The application fee for each application within the form (and which should accompany the form) will be:
- £200 for the initial deposit made under Section 31(6) of the Highways Act 1980 by completing Parts A and B of Form CA16; this allows up to 10 parcels of land to be included - please note, applications containing more than 10 parcels of land will incur an additional fee of £100 for every additional 10 parcels
- £200 for any subsequent declarations made under Section 31(6) of the Highways Act 1980 by completing Part C of Form CA16; this allows up to 10 parcels of land to be included - please note, applications containing more than 10 parcels of land will incur an additional fee of £100 for every additional 10 parcels
- £350 for the statement under Section 15 of the Commons Act 2006 by completing Part D of Form CA16; this allows for 1 parcel of land of no more than 1 hectare to be included - for each additional parcel of land, or for land areas in excess of 1 hectare please contact the Council for information on fees; this is to cover the cost of placing the statutory notices on site which will be contracted out by the Council and the applicant will be informed of the actual costs of doing so
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 01905 846305
Applications for section 31(6) Highways Act deposits and declarations under section 31(6) of the Highways Act 1980 can be viewed on our Recording, Changing and Closing Public Rights of Way orders page.