Training and development of our foster carers is an important priority for us, as we believe this is important to ensure the best care for the children, and for the carers, in the demanding task of looking after someone else’s child. Applicants will be required to complete some of the training during the assessment process (before approval) and a varied programme of training is also available for approved foster carers to ensure their ongoing personal development.
What training do we offer?
- emergency first aid
- safer caring
- skills to foster preparation training/kinship preparation training
- understanding behaviour
- valuing difference
- get safe
- what is health
A comprehensive programme of training is available:
Or please email email@example.com for more details.
Training documents and links
- Fostering household learning and development plan (Word document)
- Green Fingers Project (opens in a new window)
- Integrated Services for Looked After Children (ISL) from NHS Worcestershire (opens in a new window)
- Worcestershire Children First Fostering Learning & Development Policy (PDF)