Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificates
Does your company need DBS certificates to be able to work with children and/or adults?
If you do Worcestershire County Council (WCC) is registered with the DBS to offer external companies DBS checks.
DBS check enables any organisation from the private, public or volunteer sector to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially that involve children or vulnerable adults.
There is no set up fee or annual fees, we offer a pay as you go bespoke service which can be flexible for you and your company.
An enhanced DBS is £38, and the admin fee is £25 plus vat per application (Discounts apply to companies who receive funding from WCC).
Do you really need a DBS certificate?
Working with children
- are your staff going to be based within a School, Children's Home, Childcare premises AND be there once a week or more often?
- will your staff be Training, Teaching, Instructing, Caring for or supervising Children once a week or more often?
- do your staff drive children to and from places of education or care?
If you answer yes to any of the above you may need to obtain an Enhanced DBS check with Children barred list, please contact us to explore this further.
Working with Adults
- are your staff Providing Health Care?
- will they Provide Personal Care to an Adult due to their age, illness or disability?
- do you employ Social Workers?
- does your company offer assistance with cash, bills or shopping because of the adult's age, illness or disability? or offers Power of attorney services?
- will they be driving or assisting adults with travel due to their age, illness or disability and going from places of health etc?
If you answer yes to any of the above you may need to obtain an Enhanced DBS check with adults barred list, please contact us to explore this further.