Worcestershire Registration Service Customer Service Charter
Our standards of customer service.
The Worcestershire Registration Service has agreed the following standards of customer service:
- staff will be polite, courteous and will identify themselves by name
- interviews will be held in private rooms
- the information given during the registration process will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be passed on to anyone who is not entitled to it by law
- the process of registering births, deaths and marriages operates in accordance with the provisions of various Acts of Parliament.
- staff will offer to explain what can often be quite complex rules and regulations.
Registration Offices with appointment facilities will endeavour to offer an appointment to:
- customers wishing to register a death within two working days (Target 95%)
- customers wishing to register a birth within three working days (Target (95%)
- customers wishing to give notice of marriage within five working days (Target 95%)
- all customers will be seen within 10 minutes of their appointment time (target 95%)
- customers without an appointment will be able to complete their business on the day if they choose to wait.
- applications for copy certificates will be dispatched within 5 working days of receipt (target 95%)
- if appropriate, customers will be given at the beginning of an appointment an indication of how long it will take
- the Service aims to fully respond to all letters or provide a progress report on more complex issues within two working days of receipt (Target 90%).