General career resources
We have a whole range of resources and qualifications to support you on your future career.
What is a Further Education college?
Further Education (FE) colleges offer a range of academic, vocational, technical and professional courses.
What is Private Training Provider?
Training Providers offer vocational courses and training to young people and adults.
What is a Sixth Form?
A sixth form is where young people can study A levels and sometimes vocational qualifications after they have finished their formal education at the end of year 11.
What is an A Level?
Advanced level qualifications are subject-based qualifications that can lead to university, further study, training, or work.
What is a Study Programme?
A study programme is like an individual learning plan based on your qualifications and achievements, what you want and need to do next.
Our passport to education subjects
- Download: Qualifications Explained - Booklet
- Download: Careers Ed at Home
- Download: Write Your CV - Careers Leader Overview
- Download: Write Your CV - KS3 Activity
- Download: Write Your CV - KS4 Activity
- Download: Space Challenges @home
- Download: STEM resources
- Download: How to write a CV SEND - Activity
- Download: How to write a CV SEND - Career Leaders Overview
- Download: How to ask employers for work experience
- Download: Interviewing an adult
- Download: Famous people with SEND
- Download: University behind the scenes
- Download: Employability poster
- Download: Choices Booklets- Life beyond school
- Download: Research your future
- Download: Job Sector Posters (SEND)
I am a young person
- Download: How to write a covering letter
- Download: How to write a covering letter (with SEND icons)
- Download: How to look for a job online
- Download: How to look for a job online (with SEND icons)
Download our Transitions week booklet (PDF)
This printable PDF booklet helps you to reflect and make decisions about your next steps such as exploring, encountering and embarking on your career plans after school.