Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme (Traineeship)
Worcestershire County Council and Worcestershire Children First are launching a Pre-Apprenticeship Programme commencing September 2020.
What is the Pre-Apprenticeship Programme?
This is a Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme (Traineeship) which is largely work experience, preparing you for your future career by helping you to become 'work ready'. It is a ‘stepping stone’ into your future career. It is not trade-related and you won’t be paid, but you may be entitled to a bursary to cover things like travel and meals and can earn achievement bonuses during the programme.
The programme is 21 hours per week for 26 weeks and will focus on developing your generic employability skills that will enhance your future applications for an Apprenticeship or employment in any occupational area you choose to pursue next. This will involve 2 or 3 days per week in work experience, and one day per week off-the-job working towards achievement of an employability qualification and English and Maths functional skills qualifications.
Where does the Pre-Apprenticeship Programme take place?
Worcestershire County Council will provide an opportunity of exploring a public service occupational sector by supporting a range of administrative/customer care duties in a department within Worcestershire County Council or Worcestershire Children First. This placement will play a vital part in supporting the smooth-running of the department with an emphasis on good customer service. This placement may also have responsibility for delegated tasks which can be related to specific projects.
Why do a Pre-Apprenticeship Programme?
This is a great opportunity for developing and improving personal and professional skills including communication (written and verbal), assertiveness and decision-making skills, citizenship, personal confidence and self-awareness, building effective working relationships with colleagues in a real-life working environment.
What are the benefits of doing a Pre-Apprenticeship Programme?
You will be given the opportunity to develop and improve:
- transferable vocational skills
- key skills and knowledge relevant to the work experience in the department of the placement
- customer care skills
- group and teamwork skills
- time management skills in a business environment
- an understanding of health and safety procedures in the workplace
- problem solving skills in the Workplace
Is this programme for you and are you:
- aged 16 to18 years (up to 24 years with an Education Health Care Plan)
- eligible to work in England but are unemployed and have little or no work experience
- looking to move onto an Apprenticeship or employment at the end of the Traineeship
- qualified below Level 3 but achieved GCSE Grade 3 or above, in English and Maths, or achieved Functional Skills Level 1 or above in English and Math
To find out if this programme is for you take a look at the Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme (Traineeship) job description
Download: Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme (Traineeship) job description
Our current vacancies:
We currently have Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme vacancies in Worcestershire County Council Libraries. Placements are available in the following locations:
How can I apply for a Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme vacancy?
Complete an application form and send by email to Kelly Champion
Download: Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programme (Traineeship) (Word document)