Reuse at home
Many items can be used repeatedly instead of being thrown away.
Some ways you can reuse items at home
- turn your old T-shirt into a duster
- reuse bags as many times as possible, or why not try a canvas or cotton bag instead?
- buy or make labels to reuse envelopes and reuse paper for notes or shopping lists
- buy and sell second hand items at car boot sales or jumble sales
- why not organise ‘swap shops’ or 'swishing' parties to exchange things for free?
- jam jars can make handy containers for all sorts of things e.g. buttons, paint brushes or even homemade jam or chutney
- be crafty and creative, it is amazing what can be made from waste
- wherever possible make repairs to damaged items
- make money from your unwanted clutter, try adverts in your local shop or newspaper, often it's free to advertise
Sell your unwanted items online:
- Facebook Marketplace