SENDIASS Easy read guidance
‘Easy read’ is our way of presenting information in an accessible, in an easy to understand format.
What is Easy read?
Easy read can help people with learning disabilities and may also help people with other conditions affecting how they process information.
We have tried to:
- break information down into short sentences
- provide you with an additional printable version on each section that also includes images to represent each sentence of text where possible
- simplify or explain language and complicated words wherever possible
- align text on our printable versions on the right-hand side of the page, and align images on the left-hand side of the page
- avoid fancy fonts and italics
Our easy-read guidance
Easy read: Finding out about support
Easy read web page describing the support on offer including an easy read download.
Easy read: How our support works for young people
Easy read web page describing how our support works including an easy read download.
Easy read: Confidentiality
Easy read web page about confidentiality including an easy read download.
Easy read: EHC Needs Assessment
Easy read web page for Education Health Care (EHC) needs assessment including an easy read download.