Before you apply
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01905 768181
The licence fee is non-refundable once paid; therefore, you may wish to contact us before you make your application so that we can advise you regarding your premises.
A pre inspection of your premises can be carried out for a fee of £75. This amount will be deducted from the fees payable when your completed application is submitted.
You will need to contact the planning department at your Local Council and let them know:
- what the premises is currently used for
- what you intend to use if for
- the proposed number of ceremonies per year.
We recommend you obtain either a letter or email from the planning department before you submit an application, as the fee is non-refundable.
How to apply for an Approved Premises licence
- completed Approved Premises Application Form see also the Application Guidance Information
- the relevant fee
- current Fire Risk Assessment see also the Fire Risk Assessment Guidance Information
- a plan of the room(s) in relation to the building
- Premises Licence (if applicable)
- other licences e.g. entertainments, alcohol etc. (if applicable)
- Licence Fee (as detailed above)
- written evidence from your local planning office that no planning permission is necessary for the use of the venue for marriages or civil partnerships. (see note below)
Please be aware that you will not be able to take bookings or market this venue until an Approved Premises Licence has been granted.