Our professional development events offer the latest national initiatives, best practice and innovative, inspirational learning. Nationally renowned keynote speakers and respected experts tackle the questions that really matter, delivering to delegates practical tools and essential knowledge to take back to their schools and settings.
By attending our events and learning from leading experts, sharing and debating ideas and networking with peers, delegates are supported in their drive to raise standards, improve whole school performance and create better outcomes for children and young people.
Details of scheduled conferences and events.
Thursday 12 November, 9.30am to 3.15pm. Delivered virtually
- Updates from James McNeille, HMI Assistant Regional Director
- Domestic abuse
- County lines
- Early help assessments
- Mental health
Audience: Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and Deputy DSL
Share best practice, network with colleagues and takeaway ideas to enhance your safeguarding practice and procedures.
For further information contact the conference team.
The virtual briefing for Worcestershire headteachers took place on Thursday 1 October 2020 and is now available to view on demand (opens in a new window).
The briefing features:
- Curriculum Recovery and Contingency Planning delivered by Nikki Jones, School Improvement Lead and Jane Howard, School Improvement Adviser
- Ofsted interim visits presented by James McNeillie, Ofsted Interim Regional Director, West Midlands
- Covid-19 and testing update by Dr Kathryn Cobain, Director of Public Health, Worcestershire County Council
Next briefing: Monday 30 November 2020
Attendance and Inclusion seminar
Thursday 3 December 2020. Delivered virtually.
- Supporting children with medical difficulties
- The Children's Services Portal – how to use, when to access and what to send
- Fair Access Protocol 2020 – the new process explained
- Updates on: admissions, Children Missing Education and Elective Home Education.
- Persistent absence – what more can schools do?
The seminar is free to attend for Worcestershire schools. Please ask your school's CPD leader to book you a place via CPD online (opens in a new window).
(A weblink to connect to the Microsoft Teams live seminar will be sent to you before the event, you will not need to download any additional software or applications.)
Delegate feedback from previous conferences
"The conference was very well organised and very informative. I have taken a lot away from it to implement back into school"
Delegate feedback from Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing Masterclass, Worcester
"I was blown away! The speakers were all fantastic and their presentations were thought provoking and emotive."
Delegate feedback from Safeguarding Masterclass, Worcester
Take the stress out of event management
We offer project management services for the creation and development of your conferences and meetings.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org