Waseley Hills Country Park
Enjoy a picnic under the shaded trees!
Tire the children out on the adventure play area. Join a guided walk. Kick a ball about. Meet friends for a coffee at the Windmill Cafe. Let the dog run free. Fly a kite. Climb a hill to take in the panoramic views and spot familiar landmarks. What will you do at Waseley Hills?
Download: Management Plan 2022 to 2032 (PDF)
Download: Waseley Hills Country Park Guide (PDF)
The windmill Café is housed in an ancient barn on the Country Park and is open from 10.00 to 16:00 every day (except Christmas Day). The café serves hot and cold drinks and a selection of homemade meals, cakes and snacks.as well as human and doggy ice cream!
Pay and display car park charges card payment only:
Up to 2 hours £2.20 all day £3.00, annual pass £40, Blue badge holders free parking.
All money raised from car parking is used to maintain the Country Park and its facilities.
Read the car parking terms and conditions.
Waseley Hills Country Park is open daily (apart from Christmas Day) with 24 hour pedestrian access.
Car Park and toilet block opening times are:
- 8.00am to 4.30pm from 1 November to 31 March
- 8.00am to 6.30pm from 1 April to 31 May
- 8.00am to 8.00pm from 1 June to 30 September
- 8.00am to 6.30pm from 1 October to 31 October
Gannow Green Lane, Rubery Birmingham, B45 9AT. Follow the brown and white tourist signs from junction 4 of the M5. Grid Reference: 972782.
Please help us to improve our Countryside Sites by completing this short survey.
- parking areas for disabled visitors
- toilets for disabled visitors
- the site is very hilly with some steep slopes
- visitor centre (assistance dogs permitted), picnic area (with wheelchair accessible tables), play area and community meeting room are all accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs across rolled stone and grass
- Waymarked Skylark Trail ( is half a mile long) has some steep sections, large kissing gates and is unsurfaced (grass) without steps. It may be suitable for robust pushchairs and smaller mobility scooters
- Waymarked Rabbit Trail (is 3 miles long) has some steep sections, large kissing gates and is unsurfaced (grass) with some steps. It is not suitable for wheelchairs, mobility scooters or pushchairs
- seating is provided at regular points around the site
- cycle parking
- tea room
- picnic area
- disabled access
- on site walking
- play area
- barbecue hire
There is a meeting room available to hire here at Waseley Hills Country Park. For further information contact the Countryside Service on 01562 7100252.
If you are interested in volunteering at Waseley Hills Country Park you can find out further information on the volunteer work group pages.